Pay With VISA, Master Card, Discover or Electronic Check
The Treasurer’s Office accepts payments for Royal Oak tax bills via the internet or by telephone. This service is provided by a processing vendor.
Service fees include:
- Credit Cards: 2.55% of the payment amount, with a minimum service fee of $1.95 per payment transaction
- Debit Cards: 1% of the payment amount, with a minimum service fee of $1 per payment transaction
- E-checks: $1 per payment transaction
For further instructions, information and to get started, visit the Pay Taxes Online Website. When using the payment system, you will need your 12-digit Parcel ID or Name or property address (located on the front of the tax bill).
Pay by Telephone
To pay by telephone, dial 844-811-4905.
Other Payment Options
Pay By Mail
Send the remittance portion of your tax statement with your check in the enclosed return envelope. The tax statement, together with your cancelled check, will serve as your receipt. If you require a paid receipt please visit the AccessMyGov Website and print it from the website. First time users will need to register by choosing “Register” option from the drop down list under “Currently not signed in” tab in the upper right hand corner of the web page. You will be able to search tax, utility billing, special assessment, miscellaneous receivable and building permit information on this website.
Make your check payable to "City of Royal Oak" and send to:
City of Royal Oak - Taxes
PO Box 64
Royal Oak, MI 48068-0064
Bill Pay Service offered through your BankIf you use BillPay through your bank, please be sure that you are using your Property Identification Number (PIN) to pay your tax bill, or your Water account number if you are paying your water bill. Your payments are applied based on the account number you provide. You must use the correct account number on your timely payments if you want to avoid late charges.
The Treasurer's Office is on the first floor in City Hall, located at 211 South Williams Street. Taxpayers who have escrow arrangements with banks or other financial institutions paying taxes on their behalf will not receive a bill. If a tax bill is received, please notify the Treasurer's office and forward the bill to your mortgage company for payment. Any taxpayer who pays his or her own bill and fails to receive it should contact the Treasurer's Office by calling 248-246-3140.
Open Cashier Hours
- Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, from 8 a.m. to Noon
- Beginning March 1st of each year, all delinquent taxes must be paid to the Oakland County Treasurer’s Office with additional interest and penalties. For additional information on the delinquent tax payment, please call Oakland County Treasurer’s office at 248-858-0611.
- Incomplete payments and charges, such as insufficient check funds, will be subject to additional fees.