Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Refuse, recycling and yard waste (when in season) is collected once each week. Collection occurs between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Please have all material placed at the curb, in front of the residence no later than 7:00 a.m. Residents may also put material out after 5:00 p.m. the night before their collection day. Emptied containers must be removed from the curb as soon as possible after collection.
Please note that:
- The refuse collector is not allowed to reach into any container to dislodge contents.
- The weight of any refuse can/bag/bundled item cannot exceed 40 pounds each (yard waste containers cannot exceed 50 pounds) and trash containers must be packaged according to the type of refuse.
- Rubbish and yard waste containers can only be between 20 - 32 gallon (maximum size) or for rubbish only 20 - 30 gallon plastic bags. Undersized containers (20 gallons and under) may be considered expendable and may be thrown out with the rubbish.
- Yard waste cannot be mixed with trash at any time due to State law.
- Rubbish, yard waste and recycling need to be out to the curb by 7:00 a.m. per ordinance. The waste hauler can change routes at any time and if material is not out then it will need to wait until your next collection day.
When a holiday falls on a weekday, collection for the remaining days of the week will be delayed one day. View a list of these holidays.
Find out how to property prepare different types of refuse, such as yard waste, brush, and regular garbage, for curbside collection.
View a refuse collection schedule for different service areas.