View all facilitiesGo to Calendar
Hamer Finch Wilkins Park
- Picnic Areas
This park sits on .29 acres. It was dedicated on October 29, 1956. Previously known as Beechwood Park this park was renamed in 2022 to honor Henry and Elizabeth Hamer along with their descendants. Henry and Elizabeth Hamer were slaves in Kentucky who made their way to Royal Oak with help from slavery abolitionists through the Underground Railroad network. There are plans to redesign this park to honor Royal Oak's first black pioneers.