Apply for a Library Card
Royal Oak Public Library cards are issued to Royal Oak residents for library services including online access to ebooks and other electronic resources. The Royal Oak Public Library requires official photo identification showing the resident's name and permanent address.The following will be accepted:
- Persons under 18 years of age who are not emancipated minors must have the signature of a parent or guardian on their application cards in order to be issued a card. If parent/guardian is not a current ROPL card holder, parent/guardian must show same proofs of residency as required above.
- The Royal Oak Public Library reserves the right to refuse a card to a person for failure to meet the above requirements.
- "MI Library Card" stickers will be applied to Royal Oak library cards for Royal Oak residents on request, giving the card owner access to more than 300 participating libraries throughout the state.
- ROPL will issue cards to employees of companies, schools, or organizations in the city of Royal Oak if they do not already have a library card from a library in The Library Network or TLN. In addition to personal identification as outlined above, the employee must present proof signed by business owner or school administrator that they are employed in the city.
- The fee for a non-resident library card is $100.00 per person for one year. This allows access to ROPL's services but not reciprocal privileges at other TLN libraries.
- Cost to replace a lost library card: $1.00.
- Library cards will be blocked when fines are $5.00 or more.