To celebrate Royal Oak's centennial, the Parks, Recreation & Senior Services Advisory Board, in partnership with the Royal Oak Commission for the Arts, is sponsoring an art contest to celebrate Royal Oak's more than 50 parks.
The theme for art contest is: “Why I love Royal Oak Parks." We would like contest participants to submit artwork depicting the various uses of city parks. (See Official Rules below for ideas.)
Artwork will be accepted beginning June 10 and ending August 1 using this online entry form.
Follow the official rules listed below.
The winners of the contest will be announced in August and shared on social media and the city's website. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Elementary School, Middle School, High School and Adult (18+).
- The art contest is open to all residents of Royal Oak residents of any age, skill level and medium. Be bold and submit your work!
- If you are a minor, please have a teacher/parent/guardian be responsible for entering original works of art entirely produced by the student/ minor and signing the online application.
- Artwork may be created using any medium (crayons, markers, pencils, paints, watercolors, chalks, cut paper, fabric photography) BUT must be submitted digitally using this entry form.
- The entry form must be filled out completely, including parent/guardian approval, if applicable.
- “Why I love Royal Oak Parks” is the overall theme. Artwork must depict various the various uses of Royal Oak parks. Example of themes include but are not limited to:
- Artwork must be original (no traced, trademarked, or copyrighted characters, slogans, i.e. Snoopy, Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, etc.)
- Please keep all original artwork. All artwork ownership is retained by the artist. This means we can use your artwork in print publication and online publication on the City of Royal Oak’s websites and social media platforms. We will respect the integrity of the artwork and will not allow the outside commercial use of entered artwork without permission of the artist (and parents/guardians).