MUSHROOM WALKS: Mary Fredricks, a member and botanist/mycologist of the Royal Oak Nature Society, will be leading our Mushroom Walks that will be taking place at 10 am on the fourth Saturday of the month, from now thru October. Locations will alternate between Cummingston Park & Tenhave Woods. There is no cost, but registration is required. To register & for more information, please click on following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C054EABAA229-mushroom1
Nature Society Fall Color walks schedule:
- Sunday, October 9th at Tenhave Woods at 2:00 pm
- Sunday, October 16th at Cummingston Park at 2:00 pm
- Sunday, October 23rd Tenhave Woods at 2:00 pm
- Sunday, October 30th at Cummingston Park at 2:00 pm
This is a beautiful time of the year to take a look at our two nature parks.
Please click on following link for more information & to register for these walks:
- For Cummingston Walks, park & meet at Torquay & Leafdale (just east of Meijer)
- For Tenhave Woods Walks, park at the Marais/Lexington lot (just east of the High School) and walk about 300’ east to the entrance or park at the Royal Oak . For Owl Hoots, park & meet at the Marais/Lexington lot.
- For the Royal Oak Arboretum, park & meet at the Royal Oak Senior Center (3500 Marais) at the north end of the lot.
FYI: Wearing boots while in the parks is recommended during the winter and spring months. Dressing appropriately for bugs and using insect repellant is advised from late spring through the end of summer. Dogs are not allowed inside either Tenhave Woods or Cummingston Park.